Pulau Ketam (translates to Crab Island) is an Island off the mainland at Port Klang, Selangor. The inhabitants are mostly fisherman and live a very slow paced and laid back life. The entire island is built on stilts and gives you the impression that the villages are floating on the sea as you approach it.
Pulau Ketam when translated into English means “Crab Island”. Visiting the island gives you an excellent opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, to simply unwind and de-stress. Seize the moment to talk to locals, go on a bicycle ride, and take in the ambience and picturesque beauty of the island. Don’t forget to tuck in some delicious fresh seafood, with crab being the star dish.
|TOUR GROUP SIZE||Minimum 2 to go|
|TOUR DURATION||7 hrs (including travelling time from pick-up to site and back)|
|PRICE PER PAX|
|PICK-UP POINT|| Please specify the pick-up point during checkout:|
9.55 AM: Meet-up point
10.00 AM – 5.00 PM: Tour Starts
Head out to starting point.
Places of interest in this tour:
- Walkabout the town built entirely on wooden and concrete platforms
- Walk over to the Couple’s Bridge for a photo stop
- Hire a bicycle, get a map and reach the furthest points of the village with ease
- See wooden homes with colourful walls, ornate fences and guarded by cute dogs
- See fishing boats and nets being repaired
- Pray at the Nang Thiam Keng and Hock Leng Keng Temples for good fortune
- See locals at work at the Cargo and Trawler boat Jetties
- See boats moored on the mudflats, surrounded by scores of fiddler crabs and mudskippers
- Enjoy fried ice cream or an oyster omelet and down it with fresh sugar cane juice
Finally, head back to hotel.