KLANG is one of the oldest cities in Malaysia with a history stretching back almost 2000 years. Its name may come from the Mon-Khmer word ‘Klong’ which means waterways or warehouses both of which were plentiful in Klang in those days. Tin, rubber, tea and transport development had brought in many ethnic migrant groups and with it a tapestry of culture, religion and mouth watering food.
This walking tour will explore the south side of Klang’s rich historical past, its heritage buildings, and its untold stories and we will still have time to savor some of its mouth watering cuisine that it is famous for.
|TOUR GROUP SIZE||Minimum 2 to go|
|TOUR DURATION||6 hrs (including travelling time from pick-up to site and back)|
|PRICE PER PAX|
|PICK-UP POINT|| Please specify the pick-up point during checkout:|
9.55 AM: Meet-up point
10.00 AM – 4.00 PM: Tour Starts
Places of interest in this walking tour:
- Breakfast at Chong Kok Kopitiam
- Sultan Abdul Aziz Royal Gallery and Alam Shah Palace
- Cendol stop and walkabout along Jalan Tengku Kelana
- Banana leaf lunch at Archana or equivalent
- Masjid India Muslim Tengku Kelana
- Raja Abdullah Warehouse and Old Klang Railway Station